Do you have this problem?

Well here in Texas the weather is so unpridictable one day it is hot and the next is gets so cold, no one all the kids get so sick here once you think the kids are well the next one gets sick it is a vicious cycle I tell you.
But my questions is...I dress my kids for school only to find out it is colder than expected but I sent them anyway with shorts and a jacket, bc later on when I pick them up it is suppose to be in the high 70's. Any my poor babies kept telling me mommy it is cold outside all I could say was don't worry wear your jackets before you know it you will have to take them off so relax and enjoy your day I love you.
But I do feel bad for them I hope they don't get too cold. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• then put pants on them
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Honey I've done that to my 8 year old because the weather can be so tricky like yesterday. Don't feel bad, mommies are human too even though some beg to differ. When its cold like that usually the school don't allow them to go outside or the child can request not to go outside. Giving them a light jacket is big help for the tricky weather.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 11:58 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• My son wears pants and refuses shorts, so, no prob there. And he wears a jacket over short sleeves and just takes it off when he gets hot.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:58 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I dress them for the weather it is when they leave the house unless it's going to get extremely warm. If so, I'll just tell them they can take off their jackets after school or at lunch. Shorts - only if it's warm in the morning.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 12:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Here in OK/AR its the same way.. I do pants and a hoody with a shirt under, so he can take it off if needs to.. Dude doesnt like to wear shorts anyway, he says "my legs are naked".. LOL So i only have them for super hot summer days..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• To PP, Do we have the same kid? LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I'm in Seattle. Therefore we were jackets all the time. And when it is almost 70 we are boiling! Just have them in pants and t-shirts, and if its warm enough they can change to shorts when they get home from school. Unless its going to obviously very warm.

mommyaunt412

Answer by mommyaunt412 at 3:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• How about those pants that zip off on the bottom to make shorts?
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2009