HOW MANY OF YOU FEEL THAT THE GAY MARRIAGE TOPIC WILL BE ACCEPTED BY MOST STATES IF NOT ALL???

I AM SEEING A TREND HERE THAT IS MOVING FASTER THAN I EVER THOUGHT IT WOULD, THE TIMES ARE CHANGING FAST, ACCEPTANCE AND TOLERANCE HAS REVALIDATED IN MANY WAYS IN OUR SOCIETY, DO YOU THINK THIS TREND WILL CONTINUE?

Asked by older at 11:55 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I'm no good at predicting the future but I am hopeful that it will. I hope when I am old and gray we will be looking back and cringing at some of the things we did at this turn of the century, just like we are now over some of the things we did in the last 50 or so years.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Yes. As we become more knowledgeable, our outlooks change.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:57 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I disagree. Maybe most states, but not all of them. Some states, like the one I live is, are just too conservative and would never allow for it. You've got that whole bible belt in the south that gets in the way.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 11:58 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Sure not that I agree with it but Gods word already has it all written and we all have free will.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:58 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I think it will.
    Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 11:58 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Yes.. the Bible belt.. they also had issues with interracial marriage. There went that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Eventually, but I have to agree with pp about some of the more conservative states not following in those footsteps for a while. It might take another fifty years, but I am sure that as time goes on, it will change.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Yes, but some will fight it with each breath they take.
    sherriet

Answer by sherriet at 12:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I really hope so, my kids are still young enough, I hope they have no memory of a world where gays couldn't marry.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:02 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• That's my hope.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:02 PM on Apr. 8, 2009