What happens at...

My 35 week appt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• same thing that happened at the last one . most drs dont start checking til 36 - 37 weeks so odds are it will be the same as before.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• About the same as the others. I am not sure exactly if it will happen at this one or the next, but around this time you will be given another pap and the group b strep test, checked for dilation, and then the normal heartbeat check and weight, stuff like that, and you will start going every week now too.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Group B strep test is probably the big thing. Not a big deal, they just rub a big Q-tip around just inside the vagina and around the rectum, not invasive at all. Most doctors don't start checking your cervix until about the 36 week appointment, so you probably don't have to worry about that. Other than that, it's just the normal weight check, urine sample, blood pressure, questions about how you're doing, heartbeat, etc. Nothing to worry about. :-)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:02 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I only ask because my dr plans on inducing me the first week of may witch puts me at 39 weeks
    Anonymous

• im beign induced at 39 weeks and i still wasnt checcked out tested for strep b til last wek which was 36 weeks fo rme .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2009