Anyone work at home for ASP National?

ASP is a dental discount program. They offer a card for Dental Discounts that include vision and a cell phone with 500 minutes for just $12.95 a month. I was recently "hired". I don't have to pay to work with them (except for the fee for a background check), but want to make sure it is legit. They have a good rating with the BBB and other organizations. I have to process new hires, and can choose to take customer service calls from home and enroll members who call among other things. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

(Anyone else interested in working for them, let me know and I will forward you all the info. once I have finished orientation.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• OP here- I really am looking for some solid advice. I know someone out there must know something.
    Anonymous

• I have heard of this company when they were known as NHCD! Believe me I've either tried everything out there or i've researched it to death. And ASP National/NHCD has a LOT of complaints...hence their name change. If you go to Rip-offreport.com they have over 140 complaints and that is a LOT. Most were from people saying they are owed hundreds and not getting paid. Others just flat out saying they are a scam. Many more saying month after month this company is taking money out of your checking account rather than GIVING pay! If you type in the companies old name: "National Health Care Discount" in yahoo or google hundreds of pages come up and 90% of them are people shouting "scam" or "fraud"

I will admit though, that the same thing happens with any other company such as Avon or Tupperware, but I'd still be very leary with THAT many angry people out there!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• OP here- thanks for the tip MomtoJack04. I have to pay for a background check, but according to them I don't have to pay anything else. If I decide to proceed, I may use a credit card so I can dispute the charges should they be fraudulent.
    It didn't seem too good to be true, but still sounded fishy. I was told I would start by making outgoing calls to sign up new hires, then I could be promoted to process incoming calls with people calling to sign up for the benefit programs. Some of these benefit programs are great, it's just tough figuring out which are good and which are scams.
    Anonymous

• I almost joined this..I decided not to.I was better off doing something like Ameriplan as it seems similiar.I didnt really take it as a work at home job at least it didnt appear to be.I would imagine you could do Ameriplan and make more money.(Thinking about starting a business in the next few months)
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Being Anon i can't very well ask you for info on this so get in touch with me if you could please.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 3:25 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• lol,

Ameriplans rating is a fat "F" i dont know how smart it would be to go with a company liek that versus a company with a "B".

Last time i was in school a B was pretty good and an F was pretty bad, I mean terrible.

The work is legit, if youare afraid of the good stuff, you'll keep running back to the bad stuff( like "F" companies).

Change your train of thought.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 2:02 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I work for ASP and I am in love. I have had no trouble getting paid.
    WAHMLindsay

Answer by WAHMLindsay at 7:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• ASP occasionally hires directly to personal, when they do that you have to pay the 39.95 background check which i did and they do check your back ground. To become a employee at the entry level with ASP You Pay NOTHING>

I highly recommend them and wouldnt work anywhere else.
    glenda
    glendabas

Answer by glendabas at 3:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• ASP was just shut down, please read the following from Kansas City. They owe me hundreds of dollars and I was told a bank was auditing their books due to fradulent sales.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/1410532.html

Overland Park businessmen arrested, charged with stealing from elderly
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Aug. 30, 2009