baby's food prices

ok now im new to this game im a mother of two growing twin boys about to be 4 months. so i want to know which brand is the best and what are the prices and which cereal is the best to give and how do you mix it???? need help please?

poncetwins88

Asked by poncetwins88 at 12:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We have always loved Beech Nut Baby Food. But if you are going Organic then Earth's Best is really good. I hear of lots of moms who make their own food. But I never have. Organic of course is more expensive. I have used Gerber rice and oatmeal cereals for both our boys. You just mix it with formula, breastmilk or warm water. Any more questions please just send me a mesage. Good luck momma!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 12:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I always used Beach Nut too bc it is cheaper than Gerber but just a good for them. You can also look up recipes to make your own baby food. It is much much healthier for them. Good luck hun!
    Anonymous

• My kids preferred Beechnut. Mix the cereal with formula or breastmilk which ever they are used to having.

Don't mess with stage 1. Use stage 2's, split it between two meals (or two boys!). It's the same stuff, but the jar is more cost effective! (less than twice the price of a stage 1 jar) Just use single ingredients first as you would with stage 1.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• We used beachnut (usally just cents cheaper) or Gerber. Cub Foods (if you have them) has the best price. I mixed with Cereal (gerber rice, then introduce oatmeal and mixed grain). Runny at first, but they are not going to choke on stage 1 or 2... I have always mixed a little firmer because it stays on the spoon better. Good luck!
    madzachmom

Answer by madzachmom at 1:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I personally didn't like beachnut cereals, they seemed to stop up my daughter. We had no problem with gerber though! We also get the gerber purees, but I would suggest starting with stage 2 because they are cheaper and there is no noticeable difference in consistency.

I always added cereal to the fruits and veggies because my daughter wasn't too fond of the runny texture. It also gave her a familiar taste when trying a new food.

GL!
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• make your own! its cheap and easy and healthier for your babies ♥ go to weelicious.com they have some great recipes, GL!!
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Yeah,I made all mine too.I pureed everything and froze it in ice cube trays so you can pop some in the microwave when you need it.Each cube is about an ounce.It was alot cheaper!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• as far as it goes, they seem to be all the same. i get what ever is cheapest, but i get gerber rice and oatmeal single grain. BUT start them with rice or oatmeal. it is recommended just that until about 6 months a couple times a day. read the box, it will say how much and how to mix it. as the child gets older you can give them more and make it thicker. as for fruits and vegies, wait til 6 months
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 2:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2009