Do you consider an ectopic pregnancy to be an abortion?

To me this a no brainer...the fetus, lodged/stuck in the fallopian tube has no chance of survivial and if not removed will kill the mom as well. Ive actually heard someone saying, 'theres no excuse for an abortion even if the fetus is dangerously stuck in the fallopian tube. The doctor can remove the fertilized egg from the fallopian tube and safely attach it the uterus. To me thats a crock of shit! From the ectopic pregnancy posts ive seen on cm, these mommies are lucky to be alive! 'I was in so much pain', 'didnt even know i was pregnant','i almost bled to death' and so on. To those of u who are 100% pro life, no exceptions what-so-ever, who thee fuck are you to judge any1 for having an abortion...WHEN U DONT EVEN KNOW THE WHOLE SITUATION!?! I wonder how many of you pro-lifers have actually gone through an ectopic pregnancy!?!

kahala

Asked by kahala at 12:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Health

• no there ins't anything you can do about it and it isn't your falt so why would it be considered an abortion?
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• No it's not an abortion and anyone who thinks so needs to go back to school.

Anonymous

• pro-lifer.. and SO not an abortion.. maybe it was just how your question was worded or something.

but if the baby didn't survive that would be called a miscarriage.
    Anonymous

• *which is PROBABLY something that could not be helped.. i emphasize "probably" because you're right.. i don't know the procedure for an ectopic pregnancy. but that's just me.
    Anonymous

• To mommy5409

no there ins't anything you can do about it and it isn't your falt so why would it be considered an abortion?

In answer to ur question a friend of mine here on cm had a scheduled app to remove the fetus which was NOT located in her uterus, she would have eventually died if not taken care of, leaving her 6 mos old w/ no mom. These pro-life bitches actually had the nerve to tell her she was killing her baby (would eventually die in the womb) and show/tell her stories of very rare occurances when the fetus: not located in the uterus or the fallopian tube, but elsewhere and survive!
    kahala

Answer by kahala at 12:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I am absolutely Pro-Life and no I do not think an eptopic pregnancy would be considered an abortion. If the baby was going to die anyways or possibly the mother then I don't disagree with that person getting an abortion. I also don't disagree with abortions if the mother was raped or the baby would be born as a vegetable with multiple disabilitating health problems. I don't know where you got this idea that all Pro-Lifers think that way. I think you are generalizing ppl. Just because you are Pro-Life doesn't mean you agree with it totally and completely in every circumstance.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I am pro-life and it is not an abortion. It is not a choice you have. The baby will 99% likely die in the womb, and also poses a great health risk to the mother. So no, it is not an abortion.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I am very pro life and I don't think that removing an ectopic pregnancy is a choice, I think it's a medical necessity. Everything I've ever read leads me to believe that child had no chance to survive and likely the mother wouldn't either.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 2:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2009