Stomach Virus - 5 days now

Hi all -- my 3 1/2 year old son started throwing up on Saturday, very low grade fever. He was lathargic on Saturday for most of the day. He stopped throwing up mid afternoon and then started with major diahrea though he says he feels better and since has not acted sick at all. He's had the diahrea since, and started throwing up again yesterday. Now he has no interest in food though he still has no fever and is not acting sick -- he's playing, etc. We keep giving him pedialyte, and he has an appt. with his ped this afternoon, but I was wondering if anyone would have any ideas.... Thanks for listening.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Health

• look up about Rotavirus.......my 15 month old was doing this same thing your son is doing and they checked her stools she had Rotavirus they didn't know how she got because they have a vaccine for it now but after 6 months they can't get it. For some reason her old doctor never vaccinated her for that. It is really bad constant diarreha. My 15 month old only threw up for a day but had the diarreha for over 2 weeks so I would look up about that. Good Luck hope he is fine.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2009