The Easter Bunny . . .

Do you do the Easter bunny at your house?

We don't. The kids get baskets and eggs and such, but we don't tell them the Easter bunny brought them.

And, no, it's not for religious purposes, LOL.

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 12:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Nope. No Easter bunny here. DH buys gifts. I have to work on Sundays.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 12:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Not really. My daughter figured it out a long time ago and my boys just don't care. We do get baskets and hold indoor egg hunts, but that's about it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• The baskets come from the Easter bunny. I do the egg hunt. I am pretty sure though that my son, 7, knows better. But I know he won't spoil it for his little sister. He told me that last time he lost a tooth that I may as well just give him the money and not do the whole under the pillow thing since all the money came from me anyway.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• we will. it was always fun as a kid when the bunny hid them:) we would get up like 30 minutes early and try to find it before church:) if we couldn't our parents would help us because we usually got a little purse or hairbow or nice tie(for the boys) to go with our easter outfits:)
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 12:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• We don't Celebrate Holidays at stem from Pagan worship of their gods at all, but we do observe the Memorial of Christs death as he asked his followers to do. This year it's on April 9th after sundown.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 12:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• We buys baskets and put things in them, but we don't do the Easter bunny either. Santa is pretty believable, a giant bunny, not so much.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 12:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Why do you do eggs if you don't do the bunny?
    Anonymous

• Answered at 12:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 by: Anonymous
    Why do you do eggs if you don't do the bunny?
    **

Well, we have the older kids "play easter bunny" and hide the eggs for the little kids.
    They KNOW about the bunny, we just don't tell them the bunny brought the baskets, LOL.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Ah! Okay.
    Anonymous

• We do the eggs and baskets. DH wants to, I could care less either way honestly. Never been a favorite holiday of mine.

I think the kids will love coloring eggs, they are a bit older now and should "get it".

We talk about spring and the rebirth of things. Thats about as religious as it will get.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 1:54 PM on Apr. 8, 2009