Is there something wrong?

With a 16 y/o girl having a 19 y/o bf?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I have a 16 year old daughter she is a sophmore in school. She has only dated 2 boy one in her grade and one a grade below her. Really its up to you as a parent. Personally if the 19 year old was no longer in highschool I wouldnt allow it but thats just me. Also there are other questions like if he a good kid? Did he finish highschool? At 16 its a good idea to not let the kids get so serious with just one person.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I married my boyfrined that was 4 years older than me when I was 18. We got together when I was 16. It is up to you and your dtr if it is wrong. My DH and I have built a good life together.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I believe that it really depends on the people, heck when I was 16 DH was 21 and that is when we started dating...... I don't have a daughter only a son but I would rather have him with someone a couple years older who treats him right than someone his age who treats him like shyt.

goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 12:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I was 17 and my husband was 20 when we met, and we have been together ever since, I guess it would depend on how mature your daughter is, and what the boyfriends intentions were.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 1:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I was 17 when my husband and I started dating and he was 21. His parents hated it, but my parents were actually fine with it. They got to know him and everything was really good. If you know the guy, he seems like decent people, and your daughter is being treated well, then I see no problem with it. However, if her father is concerned, he needs to be involved in this decision as well. You may have a harder time convincing him it is ok than anything else.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• i was 14 when i met my dh and he was 32....Ahh i know that sounds bad lol but we are still togeather and have 2 beautiful children to geather my babys are 2 and 5months.....it depends on what the intentions are and if the guy is a good guy or not....my parents hated it but then agian they are lazy bums lol
    Anonymous

• Not really it is 2 years, but it is illegal there? Can he go to jail for it? and if he can you need to sit them both down and discuss it.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• It is still considered an adult with a minor in NJ>
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:11 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• 14 and 32 do you realize that wouldnt even be considered statutory rape that would be a 1st degree csc he is old enough to be your dad.

but yea 16 and 19 yr old is fine guys take longer to mature anyways. im 20 and my husband is 25.
    Anonymous

• 14 and 32 would inspire me to murder someone. However, 16 and 19 not as bad in my opinion. If they set out to date, I would be a little less happy about that. I mean, versus them meeting at work or through mutual friend with the intention of being friends and it became more. That is a beautiful thing. But an adult that sets out to find a minor to date is a little different. However, 19 and 16, no biggie to me. Like I said, I was 17 when I met my husband and he was 21.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2009