is this just crazy???

Ok so I am a single mom. I met someone online about a month ago. We have been talking and texting every night, but have yet to meet up in person. (we are this weekend I think). I HONESTLY think I am in love with this guy. I mean his personality, he is so sweet, he is down to earth, we have TONS in common! Is this insane to feel this way about someone I have never met??? Be honest with me! Has anyone else ever felt this way??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• It is kind of scary to me but I guess it happens. He could be pretending to be someone else to get you interested in him. Be careful.
    Anonymous

• You are letting your emotions and whatever else get in the way of reality. I have a friend who met a guy online they lived far away. He would call she would call they made plans to visit. She is a smart educated woman even has a job as a therapist. Three months later he quit calling she called the house turns out he was married and his wife was just away for the military she was devestated. She really thought he cared and was making a life together with him all before ever seeing him. You need to start seeing him more, have dates really get to know who he is in real life then make a decesion.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• It's a feeling I'm familiar with but it's because it's new, you're imagining them the way you want them to be... you can hear the tone of their voice any way you want to. And the "I'm sorry's" are so much faster coming... not to say that a lot of great people aren't out there just waiting to be found, but just be careful, too many people are so trusting and they're in love with the idea of being in love.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:02 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Yup. Getting in over your head.

Nothing wrong with internet dating --- I have a friend who met her husband in a Yahoo Chat room of all places.

But yes, no offense, but what you describe sounds like it could've been written by an infatuated middle schooler.

Take a step back....get your mind right... and move forward with caution and composure.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• a month is not a long enough time to get to know some one. I'm not knocking internet dating because my beau was my internet friend for 10 years before we turned it into something more. but you definitely need to give it way more than a month before you dive in.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 1:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Two things, if you do meet him, do so in public. The second, remember that you are in love with what he chooses to show you. It is a lot easier to come across a different person in chat or text. You have time to think about things and write them exactly right instead of saying what pops into your head.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Anyone can be anything when they are anonymous.....

I think right now you're in love with the new and with the potential for what you're imagination is telling you this guy is or probably is. Whatcha gonna do when you meet and he's the grabby type, or you see that he sweats too much, or he has really oily skin and his fingernails aren't clean.

Girl, I've be very reserved and I'd do everything I could to get my butterflies and what-ifs under control. These things do work out plenty, but plenty of times they don't. I did this once. The guy was great.... I get there and he's like a total slob, talked about himself constantly, had a crappy job, and was in general a looser from the get go - plus he was all sulky when I wouldn't let him kiss me.... then I had to slap his face when he grabbed me and kissed me anyhow.....

Buyer beware!! AND LISTEN TO MOM1STEPMOM1!! Text/chat chemistry is not real chemistry.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• you are in love with the essence of who you think he is. Please be careful. There are a lot of predators out there who prey on women. They find out what you want and pretend to be just that. Check him out on www.dontdatehimgirl.com and www.womansavers.com (or womensavers.com). Go slow. So many women meet men online and the men move too fast and the next thing you know he's robbed you blind and left you sitting there asking what just happened? Please be safe. Meet in a public place. make sure he's not married. Check the country court house website for a criminal record for him as well as a marriage record for him. These men can be diabolical.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:02 PM on Apr. 8, 2009