What's with all the infomercial mom's on this site?

Someone asks a question about weight loss and all of a sudden, it's magic pill and cleanser and detoxer. And it's all like, "I lost 40lbs and 15 ins. in a month" As if...THERE AREAN'T MAGIC WEIGHT LOSS PILLS OR REMEDIES!! You eat healthy and excercise. That's the trick. Just kills me. You don't even know what's in the stuff they are pedelling. Does anyone fall for them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no.. I'm probably one of the other anons that mentions eating right and exercising.
    Anonymous

• OP..Well, thank you. It just makes me furious. What are they thinking?
    Anonymous

• No not at all. I firmly believe that anything worth having in life requires hard work and persaverance. Anything else is just plain lazy. Be careful with this question however, I posted one like this and I was told I was FAT. Look at my pic...um no I'm not, and it's because I work out regularly and eat right. I don't pop little pills that could damage my body.

happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 1:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I will push a website. Sparkpeople. It has excellent resources, menus, and a calorie counter. It also has a tracker for your exercise and it helps you figure your caloric needs based on your goals. With the help of this website, I was able to lose 30 pounds the last time I tried to change my eating habits! YEAH! It took about 5 months, but I did it. I don't take pills, but I will buy new exercise videos, because the old ones get boring!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• OP here..I am so happy that there are others like me. Thanks you guys.
    Anonymous

• yea i always reply with its a "its common since on how to lose weight "magically".. eat healthy, exersize.. its just hard to do". . . .kinda lecture... lol...
    Its hard.. I know.. Im living it.. but i also am not waiting around for any magic to happen! I just have to keep trying. everyday. hoping to do better & hoping to see results. even small ones.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Oh Mom1, I LOVE Sparkpeople. Admittedly, I've fallen off the wagon and not been eating so healthy lately, but I went back on Sparkpeople yesterday and they have some really yummy healthy recipes. My favorite on there was a tomatillo turkey meatloaf, so YUMMY!

Anyway to answer the question, I would never ever take a diet pill. You never know what those chemicals are doing to your body. Eat right and in healthy portions, exercise even moderately, and your body will get to the weight it is supposed to be at. No, you may not be 5'6" and weigh 100 lbs but your body will regulate itself and get to a healthy weight.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2009