My 18 mo son is a picky eater, how do i get him to eat more of a variety of foods?

i feel like my son only wants to eat bread products and soemtimes fruit, he hates anythin else and refuses to try it. I dont feel like he is getting the best nutrients possible. Please help!!

Sheena921

Asked by Sheena921 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son isn't a veggie eater and that bothers me but I guess we have to get more creative. I was told to steam them and mash them in with fruits he will eat, or applesauce if he likes that in with other things. trying out of the norm veggies - maybe even putting a cream sauce or something on them? Good luck. My son isn't too picky but I understand how frustrating it can be when you worry they aren't getting enough nutrients.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Dont give him bread for a while. Just give him what you have fixed for him to eat. He will probably protest that and ask for bread/something else, but if you don't give in, he will eat what he has available. He won't starve himself. You will have to be consistant.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 1:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2009