Membranes stripped....

So to the ladies who have had there membranes stripped how long did you bleed afterwards ?

And did the stripping put you into labor or no?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I only spotted, and don't remember for how long.

Had it done twice with the same pregnancy ---- it did nothing.

Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• No spotting or bleeding and no, it didn't work.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:17 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Was this with your first or second?
    Anonymous

• Had this done with my first, once on my due date and once 8 days later. Spotting both times. Didn't work the first time, not even a BH. The second time, labor started several hours later. Still not sure if it was the membranes stripped, or the chili dogs I ate at the fair. Or both. Didn't have it done with my younger ones and went into labor any way.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I had my membranes stripped with very very little spotting and went into labor that night. I was 3 days past my due date so I don't know if it was the stripping of membranes that put me into labor or if I was just ready.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 1:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• With my first I spotted just slightly and had the baby the next night!
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Stripping the membranes technically shouldn't do anything. If it does then it just means your body has already started the labor process anyway which would mean stripping the membranes was pointless. This is an intervention that has the potential to cause more harm than good. If a woman has her membranes stripped she is effectively removing one of the most important barriers against bacteria.
    If you have had your membranes stripped and labor does not start it means that your body is doing what it is supposed to do.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 6:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2009