dying your hair late in pregnancy?

my doctor initially told me dying your hair is okay during pregnancy. i am now 38 weeks along and wanted to do it now while i have time before she comes. i dont want to be selfish though if its not a good time and wanted to see what others thoughts were? thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its fine alot of women do it before their due date
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I dyed my hair 3 days ago and I'm 39 almost 40 weeks!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 1:30 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• i am a licensed cosmetologist and i dyed my hair in the 1st trimester and then again in the 2nd, there is actually no connection with the chemicals and birth defects. the only thing i would be careful of is the fumes, and i was sure to wear gloves and i only use professional color, the ammonia content is nill and it is much better for your hair anyway. the one problem is that your hormones are wacky and a normal color that you use may come out different. good luck
    Anonymous

• I couldn't do it just because the smell would bug me too much with the pregnant super sniffer. heh.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• The reason why it's not always the best idea to dye ur hair during pregnancy is cause your harmones can sometimes mess with they way ur hair turns out. I dye it anyway because im addicted to changing it lol
    Anonymous

• i am licensed as well...there's no need to worry. I did it all the time, and i have to healthy boys! the chems react with your hair not so much the skin. and the only chemicals that would even touch the skin are all over colors, and perms. if you get more than one color (aka highlight?lolights) nothing should be toughing the skin. go ahead and go wild..soon enough you wont have the time!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 4:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I wouldn't do it just because of the possibility of not coming out how I want it. It would suck to go get your hair professionally done and have it turn out like poo because your hormones are having a bitch fit. I wouldn't use DIY dyes because, as PP mentioned, they tend to contain more of the "toxic" ingredients.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 5:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2009