Heels? What do you do when...

...you buy a pair of heels on clearance (can't return them) and when you get home you notice that they slip off your heels as you walk (didn't notice at the store - I was wearing socks)?

There's got to be something women do for this problem! Double-sided tape? Some sort of insert?

I'll include a picture/link of the style of shoes in first reply.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• wear socks?

i'm sorry, being the shoe fanatic that i am, i totally would've checked for that before buying.

try a dr. scholl's thingy. they have some specifically for heels.
    i'm sure you won't have to hang 'em up already.
    Anonymous

• They are basically this style, but canvas eyelet fabric instead of patent leather.

Anonymous

• lol, how would you have checked? Taken your socks off and tried them on barefoot? [Ew] I'm pretty sure against store policy...I could be wrong.

No, I'm not a shoe fanatic, but I had to have these, and I'm sure I can still make them work somehow...
    Anonymous

• Personally I would like to know the answer to this too! I tried foot cusions and everything HOPING AND PRAYING it would work but nothing did. I still have those heels because i'm determines to make them fit! Its been OVER a year since I bought them.
    LaKena

Answer by LaKena at 1:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• i eather give them away or just get that tape, they have some insert things that you can get now for that, look at walmart for them..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 2:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• put them on ebay or zwaggle.com get something in return atleast
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 4:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• If it doesn't slip bag a gel insert should slide your foot back farther in the shoe and help it stay on.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I'm NOT getting rid of them! They fit, they just slip a little.
    I think I'll try tape or maybe attaching some elastic/ribbon straps.
    Anonymous

• Thank you ria7, I will look into that :)
    Anonymous

• They sell these sticky pads that you put on the back of the shoe....I have had this problem several times. Sometimes your feet are swollen when you try shoes on and then you get them home and your feet are normal OR your feet stretch the shoe out ever so slightly and that's what happens.

Try finding those pads...I have gotten them from Payless Shoe Source before.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 7:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2009