cat leash?

do they make them? where could i buy one? and have you ever tried one, what did you think?
I just feel terrible for my kitty, he stares out the window whimpering as he watches the birds fly around. At least he could be outside with the leash. He doesn't have front nails, I can't let him outside alone. :( This summer I could sit outside with him, the kids could play and I could do my homework...good idea or no?

also i heard cat's eat grass and it makes them sick, is that true?

danni33

Asked by danni33 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pets

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • Yes they make them, I bought mine at pet-co, it was more of a harness than a collar, and then the leash. It takes some getting used to for kitty though. Mine just sat there for the first few times, so I suggest putting the harness on kitty while in the house for a few days prior to taking him outside, so he gets used to it.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• yes definately get a harness and not a collar when taking kitty outsite. and a leash is a leash, just go to the leash section and buy the lightest one.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:03 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• both my cats have had their front claws removed and they still go outside. theyve never been injured, in fact one of them still kills mice and birds!! and shes territorial so she gets in other cats faces, but we've still never had a problem! other then that id try petsmart!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 4:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• All three of my cats love to go outside. I have collars for all of them and leashes. I also have a cork screw stake that screws into the ground and I attach their leashes to that. This allows them to be oustide even if I'm not. Granted i do have to untangle them from time to time, but they really enjoy it. Good luck - hope your kitty enjoys going outdoors.
    leety78

Answer by leety78 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• My cat sits by the window at this time of year too, and she makes the most incredible sounds !~ I tried a leash to take her out and she honkers down.. so she is content to sit inside and watch the birds. Quite a unique sound. She does sneak out onto the deck but is retrieved rather quickly for a couple of reasons..she is declawed. We also have a resident hawk in the area.
    blujeanlady62

Answer by blujeanlady62 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I agree with the harness idea...it's so easy for them to escape out of normal collars. We took one of our kitties outside with us growing up and hooked his leash to something in the grass so he could lay out in the sun and enjoy the outdoors. It's much safer that way! Just be sure you never leave him outside himself in case a loose dog comes by. Not safe for kitty :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Yes, petsmart, they have the collar type or the harness - I highly recommend the harness as Cyrus seems like he is an escape artist. The only problems are one, the leash is kinda short, you might want to get two and hook them together and the other... getting your cat to actually walk. Once he's outside he'll probably just lay around or walk slowly and sniff your bushes.
    BeccaBoo518

Answer by BeccaBoo518 at 3:27 AM on Apr. 11, 2009