Tips on how to get my son to sleep through the night?

He's 15 months old. He has his own bed and his own room but isn't able to use it because he just won't sleep through the night. It's really starting to wear me down physically and mentally. Helpfull suggestions absolutely welcome.

Ezras_mommy

Asked by Ezras_mommy at 1:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Isnt' able to use his Own bed? Does that really mean he sleeps with you??lol! I had to use the CIO method because my son never learned how to self sooth himself back to sleep - and I did that ever since 8 months old but you can start it at any age. I read healthy sleep habit, happy child - they have tons of methods if you don't like the crying it out one
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• It sounds like you have created a habit that the only way your child can sleep is if it is with you. Try the book mentioned above. We did the CIO method at 6 months old. It was one horrible night of waking and crying but after that one night he has slept through ever since. Even if you do not do CIO, find a method you want to go with and be consistant.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 1:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• is he getting up and coming to you? cause if thats the case put a baby gate on the door if you dont want to shut it, JB is 17m and i shut his everynight, im a cry it out kinda mama.. it workd so well with both kids, only took maybe two nights and they got it.. you have to be tuff but gental, but if you keep letting him get up he will never go to sleep in there.. lock him down and let him cry it out, if not you are in for a world of sleepless nights..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 2:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• We put a tv in our kids room. Worked like a charm. Its not connected to real tv just has a dvd player and vcr so we can decide what he watches.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 5:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Another good book that worked w/ my 3 yr old daughter (I know what you're going through) is No Cry Sleep Solution.
    EMaria

Answer by EMaria at 8:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• keep him up during the day no naps. he'll sleep like a baby lol. no really tho he will.
    hottmama2023

Answer by hottmama2023 at 5:48 AM on Apr. 25, 2009