When your grocery shopping with your kids and they get hungry or crabby do you ever just open a box something that you are going to buy anyways and let them eat it while shopping?

I do bring snacks but sometimes he doesnt want them or they run out.. i see no problem with letting him mucnh on something that i am goin to pay for anyway..

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• no because stores look at it as stealing if you haven't paid for it yet.
    Anonymous

• I do it my fiance hates it.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I myself will open a bottle of soda in Walmart if im thirsty. why not? I plan on buying it
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 1:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• i suure do!! whether its cheesestrings or animal cookies or something...always, i mean im gonna buy it anyways..so what differeance does it make..we also always head to the bakery cuz they always give out free cookies to the kids
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• i do that well i dont do that actually now cuz its different but i rmeber when i used to go shopping with my mom my sister and i did that is there a rule against it or why the question lol? were we breaking the rules the whole time? hahaha lol ooops
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 1:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I have done that many times. When my son was little and sitting in the cart and got bored or hungry I would get him a small thing of animal crackers or something like that and open it so he could eat it while we shopped. I have never had a cashier care at all when I have them ring up an empty box or drink bottle. :)
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 1:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• One day I was hungry myself and I opend the box .... and I payed for it.
    Proud2bJmom

Answer by Proud2bJmom at 1:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• We open the the snack pack...you don't how easy shopping becomes once my son gets his snack. The supermarket manager knows my son and actually he was the one who suggested to open the "first" snack pack after he saw my son behaving so well: "please mom". The cashier doesn't mind.
    NewYorkCafemom

Answer by NewYorkCafemom at 1:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• No, lol I'm always afraid what people would think of me. Plus i've seen empty things on shelves before and you know people haven't paid for those.
    Anonymous

• i have.
    MOM22QTS

Answer by MOM22QTS at 1:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2009