• In the Spotlight:

Girl aged 2.5 Was well on her way to potty training...

2-3 weeks of successes with rewards, praise and celebrating then one day... she stopped no interest. Hates having her diaper changed, is very verbal -- any tips for advice?!?!

Susan-Cea

Asked by Susan-Cea at 1:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Since she is verbal, can you ask her why she no longer wants to have her diaper changed or use the potty? I do know that it is normal for accidents to happen well after being potty trained.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 1:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• TALK TO HER, SE CAN TELL YA WHAT SHE WANTS.. I WOULD JUST STOP PUTTING A DIAPER ON HER AT ALL, AT NIGHT GO TO THE PULL UPS.. MY BOY WENT FAST ON THOSE THEN IT WAS OFF TO NOTHIBNG AT NIGHT.. GOOD LUCK MAMA...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 2:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• When you potty train you really have to do away with diapers. I used pullups for a short time with my grandkids but even those became a crutch. Go with big girl panties..training ones if you can find. Going back and forth confuses them. Little things can cause set backs. Illness, insecurities, stress, new situations or changes in family dynamics. Just hang in there and be consistant.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2009