Lip hoops/ring and eating in public... was it just her??

I don't have anything other than my ears pierced, so I don't know if this was normal or not.....

We're at iHop eating and across from me is this lady with a hoop in her bottom lip. Every bite of food she would stick her tongue ALL the way out and lap the food off the fork. Kinda like a frog lopping a bug off a leaf with it's big ole tongue. DH had to distract me cuz I was just frozen with this frown on my face watching her.... I know... rude. But it was like watching a train wreck.... I saw other people watching her too.... it really was disgusting seeing a grown woman (with her kids in tow) eating like some starved cow trying to lick a salt block through a fence....

Is that normal when your lip is pierced?? I'd swear it's not, that she just eats like a cow cuz she eats like a cow... but I was curious.

PaceMyself

Asked by PaceMyself at 1:54 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would not only have not been able to STOP staring, but I would have had to KEEP myself and my teen daughter from laughing. We laugh at people in public regularly who bring attention to themselves. Its a bonding experience for us....LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Maybe you should have asked her.
    Anonymous

• She must just eat like a cow. I had one and i ate very normally. Maybe she just got it done and hasn't figured it out yet.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:56 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• lol no that doesn't sound normal, i've seen people with rings and i've never seen them eat like that.
    Anonymous

• LOL! I would've been staring also! My cousin has his pierced and he doesn't eat like that.
    Anonymous

• I know it was rude of me to stare, but for crying out loud, we're all having to eat here..... people who eat disgustingly should be told. I just don't want to be the one to have to do it. Like I once saw a man eat a full salad in three, yes, one, two, three bites..... I had never before or since seen anyone pile so much food on one fork and open their disgustingly huge mouth that wide in a public restaurant.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:03 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Maybe she just got it and it was sensitive? Thats the only thing I can think of. My friend has the side of her lip pierced and when she first got it it hurt to eat but she in no way ate like that. She just kinda ate slower than usual.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 2:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• LOL..i have what is called a 'horse shoe' in my bottom lip..its like a hoop but it has 2 balls on it..and No, i dont eat like a cow. i eat normally how i did Before it was pierced..the only time i looked a little funny was when i first got it done and i was still getting used to it...Cow lady just likes to eat like a nasty cow..LOL
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:11 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• eating like some starved cow trying to lick a salt block through a fence....

This almost made me choke on my milk!! Lmao! Ewwww . . . I hope her children are picking it up from her . . . weird!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I have my lip pierced and I sure dont eat like like that. I wonder if she has always eaten that way?? This question just cracked me up because I was picturing this as you described it. Thanks for the laugh today :)
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 2:30 PM on Apr. 8, 2009