Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone know of a couples therapist that specializes or at least understands the unique needs of adult asperger relation ships? Also need to have our 9 year old evaluated, prefer someone with pdd/autistic/asperger experience, Any suggestions for the VA Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake area would be most welcome?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Health

Answers (1)
  • Your local public school system should have an autism specialist that will be able to evaluate your child. Even if your child attends private schools, your tax money supports the public schools and you have access to the people and evaluations there. The best place to start is at your doctor's office regarding a therapist. They will likely be able to refer you to someone or to an agency.

    Answer by Marwill at 1:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.