How long after delivery did you wait before you started wearing tampons again?

I had a c section, and I am sick of wearing pads. I'm 5 weeks out, still wearing the huge pads. I was just curious :]

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your not suposed to til after your 6 week check up
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I was always told not until after your 6 week post-pardum check up.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I waited the full six weeks. I was so supremely lucky to get my period back right after the six week bleeding was over.
    I waited because I was freaked out by my doctor saying that i didn't want a uterine infection while I had a small baby at home.
    I did use them after the six weeks though.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• My discharge papers said nothing in there till 6 weeks.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 2:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• id never wear a tampon...id rather use a tampon lmfao..sorry im being a wiseass haha

but nahh....im prolly gonna wear diapers hahaha..i hate pads =P
    Anonymous

• omg..ever since ive had kids, tampons remind me of the first time i ever wore them...that used to be all i wear and now i cringe at the thought of putting one in and having to take it out...its like having to start all over w them again..ive only wore them a handful of times...and yes i hate pads..i need to get over the tampon phobia..lol...anyone feel free to laugh at that..i know i do.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• my post partum bleeding stopped at 4 weeks and I didn't get another period until Becka was 13.5 months old (gotta love breastfeeding lol). I didn't use tampons with the first period because it hurt so bad, it was weird! Like starting again.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Even if you had a c-section, you're still supposed to wait. Your uterus is still healing and you can get an infection for sticking things up your vagina too soon. I didn't until 10 months but I didn't get my period for a long time after delivery.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• You are not supposed to wear one during post-partum bleeding because of the infection risk. Stick with the pads, even when it gets annoying, a uterine infection is waaay more uncomfortable than wearing a pad.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Stick with the pads. I know they are a pain in the crotch but the tampons can cause clots and such to stay behind. You don't want that. You want everything to make its way out. It doesn't take much placental tissue to cause an infection.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 5:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2009