How did you teach your child how to tie their shoes?

I'm not a fan of bunny ears. Did you use a different method? If so, please explain.

vnw1405

Asked by vnw1405 at 2:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• Both of my kids tie their shoes a different way, it's just what works for them. But, with my daughter I got a puzzle with 3 "shoes" on it and she could easily learn how to lace and tie them. It was a great tool for her to learn and practice and it only cost $5.
    summerleigh

Answer by summerleigh at 2:17 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I haven teach my son just yet, he is 3 and all he has used is the velcro type of shoe. I bough the leap frog toy that teaches how to button, zipper, tie shoes, etc. He plays with it and I think that could be a useful tool for that purpose. Good luck.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 2:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Bunny ears here, it took him around 2 days and then he was tying his own shoes, but he was 2 years old too! :)
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Well i did the choke the bunny and it workd.. LOL Dude loved to make the bunny then choke him..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 2:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I had him watch me tie his shoe and he tried to tie another while watching. He was 5 and and it took two times for him to get it. I said cross the strings, tuck one in, pull tight. Make a loop, wrap the free string around it, fold it and tuck it through. Pull tight and their tied.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Did the bunny thing with both of them.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 4:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2009