weird question: erection when my son poops

I know this is a weird question but my son always gets an erection when he poops. I have no idea if this in normal so I asked my husband who said it is probably just because he is touching his penis to make sure the pee goes in the toilet. Anyone else notice this in their sons or is it just mine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Happens to mine every time they poop. The longer/harder they push to poop, the lon...well, the more erect they are. Blood flow....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I agree with your husband. It is probably nothing to worry about.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Boys do weird things. I am forever asking my husband about things that my son does in the bathroom. When he asks why I want to know, I tell him, I don't have a penis and I just wondered if it was normal. lol Plus when our boy asks questions I want to have some kind of answer. Both of my boys get erections when they pee and your hubby is probably right, it may be because of touching it while on the toliet to keep it pointed in the toliet
    Galdarisimom

Answer by Galdarisimom at 2:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• thanks both for your answers. Makes me feel better.
    Anonymous

• My son gets one sometimes when he is pooping. Makes sense to me since it is related to blood flow and they are creating a lot of extra pressure in that area by straining to poop.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2009