Are you concerned about your child's education during this economic down swing?

For example, where we live the schools have trimmed the school year back another 6 days this year. This also means that my daughter's class will not be meeting the minimum requirement required by the state for class time by 17 hours. Are you planning on trying to make up for what they will be missing in the classroom?

Cbous

Asked by Cbous at 2:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Kids are getting cheated as it is, I feel like the economic crisis has made the issue become worse since they have cut back teachers and cut back hours attending but the one thing they havent changed is the amount of stuff they attempt to cram into our childrens head and thats where this newest tatic to save money will cause more children to slip through the cracks. If parents were smart we would all get together and teach our children at home or gather in groups and teach our children, I really feel they would get a better education this way.
    destiney09

Answer by destiney09 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• No, I am not worried, my sons school, the district and our state do a great job with the education of our children. I don't know how you district is getting away with not meeting the hours for the year, it is a requirement. They may lose money for not meeting the hours. I would find out how it affects your child and if any are graduating, how it will affect them. Sorry you live in a district that is cheating kids out of their education. I would go with private school if that happened in my sons school.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2009