What is causing this pain?

I have had this happen 3 times now I am 29w 6d pregnant and yesterday I had horrible pain/pressure on my stomach just below my chest? My upper stomach got really hard and hurt it was a little less painful if I pushed on my stomach just below my breasts. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? It lasted for about 1hour

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Maybe indegestion? (sp?)
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 2:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• could be braxton hicks . id call your dr and talk to them abou ti .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I'll go with heartburn or indigestion as the most likely culprits. My reasoning for that is how far along you are, and the fact that it went away when you pressed. Get some tums and chew a couple of those the next time it happens or take a swig of apple cider vinegar. If your stomach doesn't have enough acid then there is nothing to trigger your esophagus to close so the acids are going to continue to irritate everything. That is where the vinegar helps. Another cause is of course too much acid and that would be where the tums would help.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 5:03 PM on Apr. 8, 2009