is it ok to not get a d&c done?

ive had a lot of problems with my last pregnany. i lost it sunday i went to the doctors monday and he said that i did have a miscarrige and that i dont need a d&c done. he did a exam on me and said everything looks fine. so now its wednesday and im still cramping and bleeding a lot is that normal? so now im kinda scared can anyone help me? please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you could bleed for weeks . i did . i cramped alot as well. if he cheked you then he would had known if you still had tissuse in you . that would be the only reason to have a D&C . i have had 3 miscarriages and have not had one done . as long as it all came out or is still coming out then you will be fine
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• a d&c isn't always necessary with a miscarriage. The only time it would be is if nothing was happening and your developing signs of an infection, etc.

Some women opt for it, to get it over with. Your doctor was right in saying it didn't need to be done. You are bleeding and cramping, which is cleaning you out (I am so sorry, that sounds terrible!).

I am sorry for your loss. Hugs.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I had to have a D&C because I carried a baby 13 weeks but it died at 6 weeks so I never miscarried so I HAD to have a D&C also a chemo shot to kill the growth even more!
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 2:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• As long as your body is doing what it needs to do to remove the tissue then I see no reason for a D&C. If bleeding stops but cramping continues and gets worse then you should be checked and probably schedule a D&C as those are signs of infection.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 4:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2009