will they ever stop.....(vent)

These dang kids are driving me nuts. They just dumped a whole box of dishwasher poweder on the floor. I had three bath towels in the tub. Poop on the floor, oh and pee everywhere, I feel like I have puppies in the house How do I get them to stop DIGGING? I tried fridgelocks, cabinet locks and all but they always figure them out. HELP!

suhweet1

Asked by suhweet1 at 2:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• Oh . . . yikes. I don't know. I only have one and she isn't mobile yet! I don't have any advice to offer, just wanted to say Good Luck!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• time out doesn't work for them, and as far as supervising them...I do but I can't be up their asses twenty foru seven
    suhweet1

Answer by suhweet1 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Are the kids getting enough sleep? I always find that my boys don't listen well if they are over tired? Or perhaps it's the opposite- are they getting enough exercise? Maybe take them for a daily walk in the mornings or after lunch?
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 3:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• We have also added in arts & crafts into our normal daily routine. Kids like to be kept busy. and tend to get into stuff less if their days are more structured. Free time is great but after about 20 minutes young children get bored & tend to wonder off.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Well if they are doing shit like this yes you do need to be up their asses...maybe your foot does too.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Ggggg . . ROWW!!! Somebody quick, get the vaseline!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Oh no, they seem very interjetic. Maybe try those gates to block off the kitchen and anyrooms they shouldn't be in. But they may crawl over them. Other wise, do you have a yard they can go in and not get out of and can play and get out some of that energy? And i am not sure why they are pooping and peeing on the floor. That may be in need of a spanking. And as for the dishwashing stuff, my husband the other day spilled the whole box an accident and it was a pain to get all that powder clean so i woul be mad if they did it on purpose. I may would try puttign stuff like that up high where they can't get to it. Other than that , just get stern, and stick to your guns. IF you tell them no don't do that make sure to enforce it don't give up until they mind yo. Wear them down. I would also have my husband talk to the kids to put fear in themmainly because i am not a very stern person and prob will have problems too. Good Luck
    Anonymous

• If all else fails, maybe take them to the doctor and see if they have one of those hyper disorders that can be calmed down with medicine. Not an ideal choice , my maybe as a last resort. But hopefully it is just a discipline problem that can be fixed with a little old fashin put the fear of god in them.
    Anonymous

• gates wont work, the house only consist of two bedroom and a bath(that have doors) and the kitchen living room and laundry room is all one big room...I don't have any high storage...the yard is not fenced and it is an extrememly busy street I live on. AND putting my foot in there ass doesn't work either, I've tried.
    suhweet1

Answer by suhweet1 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Time out until YOU calm down and don't feel like shipping them off somewhere. (yeah, I know that can take a while)

When they decide they are going to clean up their mess, that's when they can get out of the corner. I've discovered that making them stand works better...they get tired quicker and are much more agreeable to doing what they are told. If they chose to stand with their nose in the corner all day, so be it. You know where they are, and they aren't getting into anything! Boogers.

Even works for the 2 year old.

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2009