Repost for more answers =) Round Ligament Pains

Are they very sharp pains? Today I stood up out of my chair, and i had to bend back over b/c on my left side it was an EXTREMELY sharp pain, but it went away and i havent had one since. It was jsut severe enough to where it felt like i couldnt stand up for a few second. Almost like a muscle that would prevent you from being able to stand up! haha that might sound a little confusing but its the best way to describe it! and now im having slight (it feels like menstrual) cramps. No spotting or bleeding or anything, just wondering whats going on, if this is normal or not?!

Oh im 15 weeks btw =)

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 2:30 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• that is what my doctor told me it was when i asked. i would not worry unless they continue for an extended period of time (the sharp sharp ones), or if the cramping leads to bleeding. or not being able to function.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Well I just went to potty, and the sharp pains have mostly been on my lower left side, but when iwent to pee i had a REALLLLY bad one like right where my bladder is...i tried to feel my stomach to see if it kinda got tight, but i couldn't in time =/
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 2:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• ligaments pains wont make your stomach contrqact , but if it feels like a pain when you pee and feels like it is ner or on your bladder call your dr you may have a UTI . it is easier to get infections liek that when you are pregnant and yes they can cause a little pain
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Ive had a lot of UTI's before, so i know what those feel like, and I jsut had an appoinment with the dr, and my urine looked perfectly fine =) I had one a couple of weeks ago, so they were checking to make sure it went away!
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 2:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Is the pain on and off or just continuing? If it's a continous pain and especially hurts when you go pee you should probably call your doctor. Ligament pain is not suppose to be that painful where you have to sit down. If it's a UTI your pee would have a strange odor to it and be cloudy.
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 2:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• happened to me suddenly too tho , i had an appointment then 2 days later i went to L&D and it showed up with a UTI . i have had a lot too in my life but they feel diff tome now that i m pregnant . and my pee doesnt have an odor and hasnt been cloudy not with any of my UTIs this pregnancy
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• hmm well maybe ill call back...i figured if it continued into the night then i would go in, it just didnt hurt this bad last time! thank you though!
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 2:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• That actually sounds more like a kidney infection than round ligament pain. Call your OB or midwife and schedule to go have your urine examined.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 4:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2009