So whole milk for ages 1 to 2. What comes next 2% or 1%?

I was just wondering what do you give your baby once they turn two, 2% or 1% milk? Do you give them 2% for a while then 1%? What did you mommas do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We did 2%,but you can go to whatever your family drinks normally
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• We did 2% for a short time and then switched to 1%, because our little girl is at the top of the charts for height and weight so we(the dr. and I) felt that would be a good decision
    Anonymous

• My son is 26 months and at his 2 yr check up, the doc said to keep him on whole milk for now. He is a preemie, so I don't know if thats why....
    my_three_sons

Answer by my_three_sons at 2:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• We did whole till recently, then switched to Non-fat milk. (It's less than 1%) My son is 13 and skinny and probably could handle whole, but, I can't. So, we both do NF.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I read that if you have obesity running in the family to start with low fat 2% milk or 1%. Otherwise whole milk is fine if you want to stay with it.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 2:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• You can stay with whole milk or 2%. My daughter just turned 3 and still drinks whole milk at night & with her cereal.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 2:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Depends on your child's weight and what they prefer to drink. If they are on the heavier side, go to a skim or low-fat. If they are skinny, keep more fat in it.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• We only drink whole milk, anything else tastes watered down.
    Anonymous

• im on wic and they said 2 and up should dring 2% 1% or skim milk. does not matter just not whole milk
    hottmama2023

Answer by hottmama2023 at 5:25 AM on Apr. 25, 2009