For my Christian friends:

Have you seen "The Passion for Kids" yet? We saw this at wal-mart the other day, and thought about it, but I wasn't sure if it would be too graphic or not. If you've seen this, what are your thoughts?

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 2:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No I haven't even heard of it. You might be able to check it out at www.pluggedinonline.com
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Why would you want to show your kids ANY gruesome death?
    Anonymous

• Answered at 1:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 by: Anonymous
    Why would you want to show your kids ANY gruesome death?
    **
    I don't. That's why I was asking. If it's graphic no WAY am I showing it to my kids!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• nope never heard of it
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• The kids that lived during that gruesome death stood by and watched. I want my children to fully understand what Jesus did and went through for them, not sugar coat it like the world has done. This doesn't mean that I dont protect my children from gruesome stuff, this is different, He died for them because He loves us sooo much!
    Anonymous

• I think a child under 14 is too young to understand what is going on and why it is happening.
    I would never let a child see such a graphic and gruesome death.
    1teacher

Answer by 1teacher at 4:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I disagree with you, granted, my 3 year wouldn't understand but, my 8,9,10 and up definitely would
    Anonymous

• It also depends on the child
    Anonymous

• Maybe you could call a Christian bookstore and see what they say. Who put this out? Is it animated?

In 2005 Disney put out The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe as adaptation of CS Lewis's The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe as a "Passion of the Christ for kids" in an attempt to secure worldwide Christian support for the film.

Someone else (when I googled it) said that maybe the questioner meant the Jesus Film for Kids. I'm sure that's not what you meant.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 6:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2009