My 3 yr old stepson...

My 3 yr old stepson has been potty trained with no daytime accidents for almost a year. When we picked him up this past weekend he started having accidents. Not once or twice... but he never would use the potty!! His mother called us on Sun night after we dropped him off and said it was his fault. Could there be something going on at home that could cause him to go back to wetting himself??? I mean I had to buy pull ups this weekend for the first time in almost a year!!
Thanks,
Shawna

Babyclark08

Asked by Babyclark08 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It could be the other way around maybe he is havng a had time leaving his mom to come over there since it did happen at your home and the mom said its his fault.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Well we called his daycare teacher and she said he has been doing it for a week at school* should of put that in there. But it could be leaving his mom too b/c she doesn't spend much time with him and when she does he hates leaving. I am just trying to make sure we aren't doing anything wrong.
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Sometimes kids will go through regression and this happens. It may not be anyones fault. If it keeps happening you may want to suggest to the mom to take him into the pediatrician.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• It could be a response to something that is upsetting him, or it could just be a regression. Try getting him to talk about how he's feeling, what's going on, etc. If everything does seem fine with him, don't stress over it. My daughter trained pretty early and went through a couple spells where she wet herself often for a few days at a time. I was just vigilant about reminding her to get on the potty fairly often during those times.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I'm a little concerned that his mother says that it's "his fault." He's just a little boy, and that attitude is not helpful.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 4:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2009