CHRISTIANS: Do you feel like your rights are being taken away?

Do you feel like your rights to worship and speak freely about the Lord are being taken away? Do you see it happening in the near future? What are your thoughts...

Television is already censoring out the "J" word...but it's perfectly fine to discuss other faiths.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Little by little yes... but not where we are able to notice it. Kind of like the story of the frog... u don't put it in hot water.. but u put it in cold water and slowly turn up the heat.

I do believe a day is coming that it will be a great cost to open my mouth and not necessarily say - "hey I'm a Christian" but it will cost me to stand up for my biblical beliefs.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 6:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• In some ways, yes I do.

My step daughter was suspended for three days for praying in her lunch room at school. Not asking anyone to do it with her, just doing it by herself.

Public buildings are allowed to have Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, and Pagan symbols displayed during the holidays (Christmas, Easter, Halloween, etc), but are made to take down any symbol that might be even mistaken for Christian.

I don't want them to disallow ANY religious symbolism - I think it's GOOD and RIGHT to display ALL of them - but if your going to allow some, you need to allow others, IMHO.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• No, I do not feel my rights to worship and speak freely are being taken away. I feel very secure in my relationship with God and in my right to have my beliefs.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 2:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Absolutely not.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 2:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Actually it will be illegal to be Christian one day.
    Its all in the Good Book.

Anonymous

Same here. Nothing keeps me from having a relationship with God or publically showing my faith.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Am I angry about it?No. Will I stop loving the Lord with all my heart,soul and mind?
    NEVER.
    Anonymous

• Oh, Please!

Your rights are not being taken away...OUR rights are finally being granted! 

S-307.jpgFreedom Distance Between Church State constitution rights bibleS-FreeReligionAny.jpgWhen Religion ruled they called it the dark ages witch bible Salem trials fundamentalist extremist

Anonymous

• I haven't heard tv censor the "J-word" anywhere yet...

And its sad when you are made to feel as though you can't pray (no matter who or what you are praying to/for)

I believe that everybody has the right to pray when and where they want to (as long as they are not forcing others to do so)

ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• "Public buildings are allowed to have Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, and Pagan symbols displayed during the holidays (Christmas, Easter, Halloween, etc), but are made to take down any symbol that might be even mistaken for Christian."

Last time I looked Christmas and Easter were Christian holidays, not Jewish, Muslim, Hindu or Pagan.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 3:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2009