Does anyone have suggestions for what I can pack in a pencil box for my daughter for kindergarten?

sarahsmom

Asked by sarahsmom at 2:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Is she just now starting school or are you thinking ahead?

It seems like these days the teachers make all the supplies available to the group...it isn't the way it used to be when I was a kid and had my OWN things to use.

A pencil box for a Kindergartener should have pencils, crayons, eraser, glue stick, colored pencils. Watercolors are good but prob won't fit in a pencil box.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• They should give you a supply list. And expect to share them with the class. She may bring them but those that didn't get to use them.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Depends on the school. When my oldest was in kindergarten the only supplies she had to bring was a book bag, folder and a lunch box and later the teacher asked for a pencil box. Crayons, pencils, glue, scissors and the rest were supplied by the school (it was an awesome school).
    My middle two kids went to a different school and their supply list was a mile long and everything was put in a giant box for ALL the kids to share so they didn't need a pencil box and they didn't get their scissors and stuff back at the end of the year.
    And they were very specific about what they wanted (# of crayons in a box, kind of pencils, kind of scissors, etc).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:17 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Put a picture of the family, just in case she gets sad or overwhelmed at school.
    CathyMcN

Answer by CathyMcN at 10:46 PM on Jul. 2, 2009