I have been really dizzy

I have been so dizzy, that I actually fell down the stairs.. I'm only 9 weeks. The baby is fine.. I went for an Ultrasound.. But I don't meet with My Midwife till April 23..

Anyone else dizzy?

AJD1987

Asked by AJD1987 at 2:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• drink more water and maybe call lyour midwife . there could be something going on
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• It's normal to be dizzy the first trimester, the uterus is growing and tdecreasing blood flow to your brain. Make sure you sit down when you feel that way to prevent another accident. I'm 8 weeks today and still feel very dizzy and lightheaded.
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 2:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I was dizzy all the time its normal.... I even had times where I just blacked out... Just try not to be up moving for so long, take some time and just sit down and put your feet up
    mommy2b17MV

Answer by mommy2b17MV at 3:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• When I was pregnant at first I would get the whole TV screen affect thing and be very dizzy. I couldn't stand in the kitchen, had to bring a chair in.
    ours

Answer by ours at 4:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I was very very dizzy ....doctor told me to try taking Iron and it helped soooooo much! maybe you would want to try that
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• It's normal to be dizzy in early pregnancy, also normal to feel like you can't catch your breath some times. As the pregnancy goes on your body releases a chemical which relaxes the diaphragm so that your lungs can expand further to allow more oxygen. When that happens you get a rush of oxygen which can make you feel dizzy or even light headed. All of that should go away on its own within time, if it doesn't then contact your midwife or OB if you are seeing one and explain what's going on.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 4:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Thanks everyone.
    AJD1987

Answer by AJD1987 at 9:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2009