How soon is to soon?

How soon is to soon to say I love you? When did you say it? Who said it first?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I would say it as soon as I felt it and was sure...
    but old fashion here..
    I would not say it first...
    does that make sense?? ::))
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• This is a toughy. My husband said it to me first, but only after I told him to, lol. Actually, he said that my youngest son had told him that he (ds) loved him (dh). On Mother's Day, three years ago, I asked him if it would bother him if I said the same thing to him that ds said, and he said it wouldn't. I told him that the problem was was that I wanted to hear it from him first, which he promptly told me he loved me.

He and I had been friends for many years prior to this, and I was in an abusive marriage at the time. He got me away from my ex, and our two year anniversary will be in June.

In answer to your question, it would depend on the circumstances. Jimmy and I were friends first and had that foundation of trust already laid. It depends on how safe you feel and whether it's genuine.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Personally I think such words are shallow. I prefer it be shown to me and not said.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• he said it first it took a while i think cause niether one of us wanted to "be the first" lol but we both felt it
    jac1908

Answer by jac1908 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• me and my boyfriend said it right off the bat wich we seen each other when i was 16 and talked on the phone once ina while then we got togeather when i was 18 and we was laying on the bed and he said i feel like i love you and i said the same to him then few seconds later we told each other
    angel_megan

Answer by angel_megan at 3:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• My boyfriend just said it to me a couple days ago. I didnt' say it right back, but I've felt it for awhile. We've been together two months tommorrow. When you know it's right, you just know.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 3:17 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I said it first but we had been dating for several months. I didn't "officially" live with him but I stayed at his place a lot. I was half alseep one night and I said it. I barely remember telling him that. But, the next morning, he asked me if I remembered it and said he hoped so because he loved me too. But it has been probably 4 or 5 months of dating.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• DH said it first. We'd only been dating a couple of weeks. Actually it freaked me out and he was really embarrassed. We made it past all that though.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• My boyfriend and I were together 9 months before he said it to me. I said it after.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• My ex bf was so cute, he rolled over to go to sleep one night and he said "You know who loves you right?" I responded "You do." thats how we started saying the I love you's. LOL Not very romantic I know but he had been burned so bad in the past that he was determined never to say those words to anyone again, I found it adorable that he had to find a way to say it and keep his vow. LOL
    nannabart

Answer by nannabart at 10:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2009