For all you "Gay" bashers..

What if your child grows up to be gay? Will you disown them since you tell them now that it's not ok? Will you really love them less? Do you think they shouldn't be allowed to adopt, or since it's your child will they just be an exception to the rule?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Good question. I think that gays should be allowed to adopt. They could be more loving than a man and woman.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 2:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I'm not a gay basher and I totally think my 8 year old son will turn out to be gay./is gay-not really sure how that works LOL! It honestly doesn't bother me whatsoever!
    Anonymous

• Im not a basher I can be honset and say if it did happen it would break my heart for several reasons, however I wouldnt disown them.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• i think that everyone deserves the right to be happy if your gay or straight, if gay couples want to adopt then they should be able to. good for them!!
    Anonymous

• I have nothing against people who perfer to have relations with someone of the same sex... For a fact I like them! They are nice and alot less judgemental as some of you are! hint hint First comment on here!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• WOW I just want to apologize in behalf of this very lost soul who uses God to be judging others when she says: "I am not a gay basher but I do believe that their lifestyle is an abomination to God and that they are living a sinful lifestyle. I don't think they should be able to adopt"

When she says: "but that is my opinion and the topic of gays will always be battled and never resolved. It isn't even worth arguing over honestly." I agree with the part, it isn't worth to argue, I can only say Sorry she just doesn't know any better. And to the OP whatever my son decides it is okay with us because it is only HIS LIFE.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 3:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I believe all adults should be allowed to marry, adopt and raise children and have all the rights and responsibilities our constitution was designed to allow. Gender and sexual orientation in my opinion have nothing to do with it. Equality for all.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I truly believe our sexual orientation as adults is stamped on us at conception. I don't think we choose to love the same sex but we prefer the same sex. With the ignorance we show as a society and the gay bashing that still goes on even today why would anyone choose a life style that is riddled with hatred. If either one of my children came to me and said they were gay I would love them just the same. My children are my world all I want for them is to be happy. I would be very sad though, to know that they would have a rough road ahead of them because of stupid small minded people. Everyone needs to mind there own business. Live and let live.

Anonymous

• I personally am friends with gays and lesbian couples and they love my daughter to death and i think that they would make great parents if not better parents than me because I don't think that they would get divorced as often as straight couples and I think that they should be allowed to marry and live life just as i would. Also for one of my lesbian couple friends I have offered to them that when they are ready to have children i would be their surrogate mother cause neither of them want to be pregnant and I am sure they would do the same for me if roles were reversed.
    StefNBecca

Answer by StefNBecca at 3:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2009