• In the Spotlight:

Should I Do it?

My friend called me out of the blue, and asked if I could take her to her car, so she can see what kind of tire she needs for it. She's with some guy, and her car is on the side of the HIGHway. I don't know her current state, but she told me a few months ago that she was doing meth or coke or soemthing.. I know she's a good person in a bad phase, but i don't know if i should do it! I mean Is there a safe way to take her? Like say under certain conditions. I know that if I do, I will have her sit in the back seat with My DD, so the guy I know nothing about will be near her..
I kind of know the answer will be no. And so what do I tell her? I can't just lie! I don't know what to do! But I won't have my baby be in danger.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i'd say no. Make up an excuse - she's not a close friend right now anyway and if she's doing meth and gets mad that you said no, its good to have her out of your life. You don't need your daughter to be in a dangerous situation either. you can't do that. if YOU decide to do it - bring you DD to a family member, just in case
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I'd say no sorry. I'd say you had something to do (and find something so that you don't have to lie) or say that you don't feel safe w/ a stranger in your car. If you have a SO ask them and if they said no then say no that your SO didn't agree with it.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 3:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• She just called back and I told her that it would throw off my whole day, and that she should wait until 6. If she hasn't found someone by then, then I'll take her because DH will be home to watch DD. Thanks!
    I don't know why I posted this, and I don't know why it was such a hard decision!
    It seems like a no brainer now, but gosh...
    Anonymous

• Why can't you send you husband with her? Make it clear to her that you husband is going to take her but her boyfriend can't go and isn't allowed to wait at your house until they get back. Personally if she is going some problems, she may just want that time with you to ask for money to support her problem. If she knows that you have a good heart, you're not going to say no to her, and you'll lend her the money. Please whatever you decide to do, just be careful.
    Anonymous