Baby napping / sleeping

My foster daughter is 17 months old, and all of a sudden is afraid to go to sleep for naptime and bedtime. Nothing has changed as far as the household and her daily schedule goes. Any suggestions?

FosterMommy21

Asked by FosterMommy21 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• she could have had a bad dream last time she slept. and therefore is scared to go to sleep again. im sure it's just a phase and she'll get over it.
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 3:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Does she have a favorite toy, teddy bear or doll? I was letting my daughter fall asleep on my bed and then put her into her own after she went to sleep. But now what I started was just before she goes to sleep, I put her into her bed with a doll and it's her job to make sure that the doll takes it's nap or go to sleep at night. It seems to work pretty well; she lays ther holding the doll and goes to sleep on her own "watching' the doll. I alsoused to sit on the side of her bed and holding her hand. It lets her know that I'm there and she goes to sleep (I then get replaced with her doll.) Best of luck.
    Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 3:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2009