anyone else have this problem with potty training boys??

i sit him on his little toilet seat that we have over our regular seat, but his pee pee doesnt stay down, especially since he's moving around it keeps popping up and im scared hes going to pee all over the place. are there special seats made for boys? i thought the one i have was since it's spiderman but idk.

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 3:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just have him use his hand to point it down
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• i have a potty seat that plays music when the pee or poop hits the bottom. my son loves it and it has a pee guard, my son automatically knows to hold his pee pee down by watching his daddy. i told his daddy to take him in the bathroom and watch him sit down a pee. good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I had my son hold it down when he poops, and he stands to pee. theres bound to be a little splashing tho, you jsut have to make sure to wipe it down more often. I also got rid of the rug around the toilet, so i can clean it easier.
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 3:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• My son has one of those little potty chairs that plays music. It has a pee-guard that you can take off if you want but until he learns to push it down, it helps. My son finally figured out that he needs to control it and we took the guard off.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2009