Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any NP, PA, or MD's? HELP

I went to the doctor today and when I did a urine sample glucouse was discovered in my urine. That is not what I went to the doc for, but it suffeciently freaked me out. My blood pressure was high, I am over wieght, and there is a stong family history of type 2 diabetes. When we did a finger stick my blood suger was only 106, so they didnt do any more tests. I work in a peds office, I know we have diagnosed kids before based on glucouse in the urine. I am totally freaked. I went online to diabetic living (i know i know, i hate when my patients parents do this), but a lot of things that go on that i didnt tell my doc about were sympotms. i need help. What does this mean?

Answer Question

Asked by mommymeg03 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Health

Level 13 (1,235 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Call the doctor and discuss your concerns and other symptoms.

    Answer by Marwill at 3:13 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

  • if nothing, take it as a wake up call. make healthy life style changes. i think you know what it means.

    Answer by charisma10 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

  • not very helpful.......... which is y i asked for np, pa, or md

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.