i am so angry

i have been listening the story of Sandra Cantu. the poor little 8 year old girl that was found in the suitcase. her family i am sure is devastated but why in the hell did they let her walk the streets alone. they knew the crime rate was bad because they had to put up cameras and the little girl got kissed my a grown man on the lips. the whole mess just makes me so angry that nobody protected her. she did not get an amber alert. I am so damn pissed. Why did this happen? now is just a matter of time before we are going to see haighly cummings the same way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i just think a lot of people have a false sense of security or have the " it won't happen to me" menality.
    i didn't know of the cameras and kiss and crime rate until you just mentioned it and it just makes the story all the more tragic. i don't know what her parents were thinking but we all parent differently.

i just hope that she didn't suffer.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 3:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I hate the idea of judging the girls family, but I too, wondered why the child was going from house to house by herself. She was only 8!
    Anonymous

• This is CRAZY.. How you can watch the news in this day and age, with all the sex crimes, abducted kids, murdered kids, ect..., and STILL let your children out of your (or a close friend or family members) sight is beyond me.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 4:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• sorry, but what do these two cases have in common....trailer parks, teenage/clueless parents, and likely drugs/alcohol abuse.
    Anonymous

• Thats what I was thinking I watch parents letting toddlers out here play outside while they are inside the home doing what ever and it only takes seconds for someone to come by and take the child! I know people who let 2 12 year old girls get on a bus and go through 2 cities(2 hours from the home they live) to go to a mall!!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 4:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Not all M home parks are ghetto or trashy I was raised in one that was well kept and mostly retired older people Anon that is ignorant

Anonymous

• I know older parents that have great lives and spoil the children and still give them too much freedom at a young age. Bad parents are not just trailer trash, teenage/clueless , and drug addicts.
    Anonymous

• Is not the family priest a suspect?

Anonymous

• sorry if you think what i said was ignorant. i calls 'em, like i sees 'em.
    Anonymous

• I used to ride my bike downtown and all around the town when I was her age.. she was going to go to a friends house that was apparently in the same trailer park. Just because there was a camera set up, does not mean that its a bad area. They have cameras set up in some of the nicest, safest places in the nation. There was no amber alert, because she did not qualify for it.. I know- its stupid, but thats what they said. I guess they have to know who took the child in order to issue an amber alert.. she was just a missing person instead.

Im not going to put my children in a bubble and make them fear the world, however- im not going to let them do whatever they want either.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 4:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2009