SHE WON'T TAKE A BOTTLE...HELP ME!!

I CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME CONVINCE EMERY TO TAKE A BOTTLE. THE CHILD LOVES BREASTFEEDING AND WHILE I DO, TOO, I WOULD LIKE TO PUMP AND ALLOW OTHERS TO FEED HER ONCE IN AWHILE SO MAYBE HUBBY AND I CAN CATCH A MOVIE OR SOMETHING CRAZY LIKE THAT :-O.. WE ARE STAYING AT MY PARENTS' RIGHT NOW AND THEY OFFER TO HELP OUT BUT FEEL HELPLESS AS MY BABY JUST CRIES AND CRIES WHEN WE TRY OFFERING THE BOTTLE. I HAVE HEARD TO TRY DIFFERENT NIPPLES AND WE BOUGHT A FEW BUT SHE REFUSES THEM. SHE LITERALLY TURNS HER HEAD AND PUSHES IT AWAY WITH HER LITTLE HAND. IT'S CUTE BUT I AM FRUSTRATED!

WHAT HAS WORKED FOR YOU LADIES? ANYTHING AT ALL?? EM IS 4 WEEKS.

MammaMia72

Asked by MammaMia72 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• See if you can spoon it to her or have her sip it fron a regular cup.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• That is still young enough to get nipple confusion. I'd just take her with and try again in a month or so. My son never took the bottle. It was easier and less stressful to just bring him along.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon. Maybe try later. And when you do, try breastflo bottles. I've never used them, but I hear they're more like real breasts. Also let who ever gives the bottle to wear a blanket or shirt that smells like you. My baby took a few bottles in her whole 1st life. But just keeping her with me was much easier and kept her happy.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 5:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2009