• In the Spotlight:

Do you or you DH/SO have a stepchild/stepchildren?

I'm just curious as to how many couples have children outside of the ones that you have with your current SO and how has that affected your relationship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• My fiance has twins 6 years old and I have a daughter 5...
    It has worked out good because my fiance and I are on the same page..
    The same page meaning, what is to be exspected from the children..
    We discipline the same, want the same things and keep BM out of our own personal
    business.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I have four from a previous marriage. I have been with my now husband for almost 7 years this month so they were all pretty little. Every last one of them call him dad. He hasnt ever disciplined them and I think thats why they love him. He is there for them in every other way. Their bio dad hasnt seen them in almost 9 years but does pay his child support and recently has been calling once a week and talks to the 2 kids that will talk to him. My dh has no kids outside our marriage. We had our first together last April. I think its been easy for us because we dont have to deal with alot of the drama because my ex isnt really in the picture and he had no kids with his ex.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I have an 8 year old stepson.. It was really hard for both of us getting adjusted to it in the beginning, but I LOVE my stepson and he loves me and we all get along just great.
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Actually all hubby and I have are step kids. I have children from my prior marriage as does he. We have none together. They full fill our lives. We both always wanted to have a large family but sometimes life doesn't go the way as planned so now we still get to have 4 kids instead of 2 each. No one ever knows that any of them are "step Kids" they are OUR kids period.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• yes my daughter, his step. Happy family here.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• my husband had a daughter but she passed away. i would have loved for her to be my step daughter :[
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I have a 6 year old stepson who lives with my husband and I. I will tell you that it's not easy being a stepparent. He's been living here for almost 2 years and we're still adjusting. I'm about to have my first child and I'm hoping that the baby will bring us all together a little more... If I was going to give just one piece of advice I would say that you need to talk about your feelings with your husband. Don't hold them inside because it makes everything worse. Expect it to be tough but if you're committed to the relationship and want to make it work than I believe it can happen. Good luck!!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 5:11 PM on Apr. 8, 2009