Should I keep my baby?

I'm a 21 year old college senior and I'm 3 months pregnant. My family is not supportive of this situation and unfortunately myself, or my boyfriend do not have the necessary funds to bring this baby into the world and care for it properly. I am considering adoption but of course I would ultimately love to keep my child. If anyone has any thoughts, ideas, solutions, anything about the actions I could/should take go forwarding I would really appreciate it.

cmk1510

Asked by cmk1510 at 3:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• that is your choice , noone can make it for you . if you want to keep the baby then keep it .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• many girls give their babies up for adoption. try looking into agencies, or maybe a family member will adopt him/her.... a family member would be my first place to look if i was giving a baby up for adoption
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• You are a senior, you will be getting out of school soon and for a short amount of time you will be struggling but you could rely on some government aid for just a small amount of time and get your career going. Adoption is an option but that's a personal thing...do you think you could handle that? I think that if you would really like to keep the baby you can do it! Be strong! So many people have been in similar situations/worse situations and pulled through but ultimately it's your decision, no one can tell you what to do.
    javila

Answer by javila at 3:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• No one can make this decision but you. Make an appointment to see a pregnancy counselor at a free pregnancy center and talk to them about your situation and the possibility of adoption. Whatever you decide, you need to think about yourself and this baby. Do what YOU think is best. Good Luck.
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Keep your baby. I never wanted kids, but now that I do, I couldn't imaging life without her. She has brought me so much joy. I never knew I could love another person so much. It is really amazing. I diidn't think I could afford it either, but I did, and I did it all by myself.

I don't think I could give my baby up for adoption. I would always wonder about them.

In the end, it is your choice.
    Anonymous

• god a 21 year old college senior in 21 and just this fall getting out of junior college
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• *im
    aliciatron

• I am 20 years old, in college, I had my son at 18 and my daughter at 19, my husband is the only one that works, and we live very well. He works a normal job and he does school online, we live in a 2 bedroom and our kids get whatever they want. We never struggle, and we're not on welfare, so if we can do it with 2 kids and only one of us works, and we're both in school then you two can do it as well. You have 6 months to find a job, get off your ass and support your child. You were willing to take that chance and get pregnant and be an adult and raise your child! Giving it up for adoption is cowardly and it's wrong (MY OPINION EVERYONE DONT TALK CRAP) your almost done with college so you'll have a decent job right out of college, so you can do it!
    Anonymous

• I am 21 years old and am 6 months pregnant. This baby was an accident and my fiance and I don't have much money but we do have some. My parents weren't supportive at first either so I was very confused as to what to do. I looked at all the options. Abortion...absolutely not. So that one was out. Adoption...is great but was it for me? I would have a hard time giving that baby away and would wonder about it for the rest of my life...and someday I might wish I kept him. Keeping my baby...it will be hard but it was the one choice I knew I would never regret. I would never look at my little boy and wish I never had him. My family supports mine and my fiance's choice to keep our son and we will get by...even though it might be harder for us than for most ppl. The only advice I can give you is to really think this through. Adoption is a great thing to do so if you choose that just know you are doing a great thing.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Well if you are graduating soon in the next few mths you can get a job right after u graduate, like a part time one so it's less stressful on u and ur feet. You can save some money and it's better that ur only 3mths pregnant and not farther along because then u would really be struggling. I could never give up my children or the one I'm carrying. I'd thing about it the rest of my life and how good their getting taken care of.
    Anonymous