Do I owe him cab fare to babysitting our daughter?

My baby's father came with me to my dentist appointment to watch our 9 month old while I got a filling. He took a cab to and from his house to get to the dr's office (I took a cab from my house).

Am I responsible for paying for his cab fair? Since he was doing me a favor by watching the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• if he asked i would give it to him, but i'd make sure he knew that i thought it was crap for him to ask for you to be paying for him to see his daughter. you had to pay a cab too so its not like you could have picked him up or anything.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• If you asked him, I think it would be fair for you to pay it.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Umm I would say NO. Since it's his child as well, it's like if you were paying him to see his own daughter.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 3:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• if he asked for it i would, but no you dont owe him for watching his daughter
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Absolutely not. And I don't think that a father taking care of his child should be considered a favor at all. You're too sweet! :-)
    lsj913

Answer by lsj913 at 3:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• It would be fair for you to pay it, but gracious of him to say forget it.

Answer by Bmat at 3:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• sure but make sure you take it out of the child support he pays you. check into the county transportation system. They should offer a cheap taxi service for medical appts. In our county it's $2.00 round trip. Just curious. Did he make you pay the cab fare when he came over to make the baby?
    Anonymous

• No
    Anonymous

• He should be happy to get to spend more time with his child. Think of it as you doing him a favor.
    michelleC363

Answer by michelleC363 at 5:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2009