if your SO cheated in the past do u think you could ever completly let it go?

or would it 4ever damage your relationship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• It all depends on you. You can forgive, but never forget. You may even need to go through some counseling with him to work through it.
    Sitar21

Answer by Sitar21 at 3:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• i don't think i'd be able to completely let it go. it would always be in the back of my mind. as is my SO is in the navy so i always worry that when he gets home he'll tell me that he's done something (i know ALOT about his past relationships way more than i wish i knew so i know that plays a major role) so i don't know that i'd be able to get past it, i may try but it would really depend on him and how he approached the subject and what he wanted to do. if he wanted to try and work it out and really try i may give it a shot
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:56 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• It happens. Monogamy isn't natural for men imho. We accept it and deal with it or leave. What other options are there?

Answer by admckenzie at 3:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I learned a valuable lesson in my first marraige my ex cheated on me the first year.. I stayed 7 years later he did it again. I was gone and I wouldnt ever put up with it from my now dh. I would be gone again.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I was with this guy in high school for about a year. After awhile things started to go sour and he started cheating on me...as I was doing to him. Needless to say we broke up. Well we didn't speak for 3 years and he went to a different college than I did so we never saw eachother either. Well I came to his school for a football game last year and we ended up running into eachother. Now a year later we are engaged and expecting our 1st baby. I trust him with my whole heart and literally never worry about him cheating on me...and I would never cheat on him. We both realize that our problems in the past were just immaturity. So yes I think you can work through it...depending on the circumstance.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• If it is really cheating, not just getting together with someone before you were an exclusive couple, then I'd be hard-pressed to trust. It would depend on the guy. If he seemed honest, except for that, I'd probably give him another chance with all good heart, yet keeping in mind that it had happened. As Scotty said, Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Answer by Bmat at 4:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I have been dating this guy for a while that has told me that he has cheated on other girls.... He hasnt cheated on me that i know of... But it still makes you wonder.... So just stay alert dont try to say that he did and you dont know thats just going to piss him.... It's hard to forgive, But never forget
    mommy2b17MV

Answer by mommy2b17MV at 4:17 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• No. It happened to me and I still can't let it go. I'm still with him, and I'm trying to let it go, but it's very very hard.
    Anonymous

• My boyfriend cheated on me when we were in a Long Distance Relationship. I found out about him and had a revenge affair (although I am not condoning that!). It took about a year for me to forgive, during that time I moved to his city for my work ,we gave it another go and now we are married and have been for 10 years and have 2 beautiful kids, and a very happy marriage. I trust him and have forgiven but of course I haven't forgotten. I don't carry any anger about it and it was something that made us focus on what it was we both really wanted in a relationship, and address the issues that made us take each other for granted. If he's worth it I hope you work it out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Apr. 9, 2009