My 3 year old dd is going to be a flower girl soon, I am worried. So, tell me your funny flower girl stories. What silly things have you seen them do?

She is not very good at following directions or being still and quiet.

I hope she does ok, we are already practicing. lol

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 3:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my sister was one . she had fun didnt want to listen but when it came to the day she not only put the petals where they were supposed to go but she also threw them at the people sitting on either side lol . , she was a flower girl liek 6 times after that lol .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Don't be worried. My daughter was 3 and 1 of 3 flower girls in my brothers wedding. They stole the show. They all just held hands, laughed and skipped down the isle throwing petals. She didn't stand up there the whole time, and then she just sat with the family. It was great! She felt like a princess.
    Sitar21

Answer by Sitar21 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• My DD was my and DH's flower girl. She was almost three at the time. She went as slow as she could, step . . . by . . . step . . . dro . . .ping . . .each . . . pe . . . tal . . . one . . . by . . . one . . . LOL
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 4:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• At my wedding my mom was worried about my nephew going down the isle when it was time, so she got two of the wedding mints and coaxed him. "Paul..I have candy" Paul didn't care, but our flower girl who was three certainly did. She run as fast as her little legs could carry her to get that candy. It was the cutest. People are still talking about how cute she was running for that candy. It has been ten years...I wonder when they will let it die and leave the poor girl alone.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I was a flower girl when I was 4 with my cousin who was the same age. I remember at rehersal they showed us how to walk down the aisle. It was kind of like take a step, take a quick pause and drop some petals, take another step, etc. So the day of the wedding I took it as we were supposed to go verrry slow so I'd take a step, pause for a good 3 seconds, and continue. My cousin on the other hand would take a giant step, pause for half a second, toss some petals, and take another giant step. When she made it to the alter I was still barely half way down the aisle and there she was standing up front making that "hurry up!" motion with her hand lol. Everyone thought it was cute though.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• My neice and nephew played with the metal outlet cover on the stage while during my first marriage. It was in a church so there was this spot on the floor where the mike plugs in under the pulpit, but when there's nothing plugged in there is a little metal door that covers up the outlets. Well, they kept picking it up and letting it slam close!I found it hilarious!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 4:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• ahahah jennijune . . that sounds like it was super cute and l...o...n...g !! lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:17 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• At my wedding my oldest niece did it and she was so cute. She put each flower in it's spot. The dress had an over lay of lace and she kept lifting it and looking throught it. I think she loved being apart of the bridal party.
    Now my daugther was on at 18 month, ( she was walking since 9 months) She had a basket with petals. She didn't understand what to do, so Grandpa ended up pointing me out at the end of the isle and she ran to me. It was so adorable, my sister (the bride) starting laughing.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I had my stepdaughter when she was 3 be the flower girl and my nephew was 4 I had my son walk with them he was 13 and it worked out good. my nephew was walking fast and my stepdaugher would grab his hand and make him slow down and then during the service they were laughing at each other and making faces they were cute and stole the show. LOL I couldnt look at them cuz the one time I did my nephew stuck out his toungue out and I culdnt help but laugh
    unicorn54166

Answer by unicorn54166 at 9:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2009