Night Tremmors in my 2 year old daughter

My 2 year old daughter has been screaming in the night for no apparent reason. Shes not awake when she is doing this and it has been happening about once a week. It takes about 15 minutes for her to actually come out of this kicking and screaming and crying episode before she actually wakes up. I did some research and found that she might be having night tremmors. I wanted to ask any moms who might have some advise for me on how to deal with this. It seems pretty traumatizing for my daughter, and i feel so bad becuase nothing I do seems to soothe her and she continues until she actually wakes up. Any advise ladies? Thank you!
Jody

Dealbafamilyof3

Asked by Dealbafamilyof3 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have never heard of night tremmors. But I have heard of night seizures that appear like a nightmare. A 2 year old boy at our preschool was having them, his mother just thought he was having nighmares.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• My daughter went through a period of having night terrors like this. There really isn't anything that you can do. She's not awake during it. I think that it is probably more traumatizing for us than for them, because they are sleeping. The only thing we can really do is make sure that they don't hurt themselves while thrashing around. Here's some helpful info: http://kidshealth.org/parent/medical/sleep/terrors.html
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 4:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• my daughter did the same thing. the dr said not to wake her but to sit and make sure she didn't hurt herself and that she would grow out of it, she did after about 6 or 7 months of it. he said if you wake her it would tramautize her more, or she would want to know why you woke her b/c she may not remember.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• My 2 year old son does it. We just pat his back and talk soothinly. He evenually quites and goes back to sleep.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 5:13 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Thank you sooo much ladies for your advise! I really appreciate all of your help!
    Dealbafamilyof3

Answer by Dealbafamilyof3 at 5:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2009