how can i help my baby with babling

Hello, my twins are 8 months old (6 months 3 weeks old their adjustment age) but they do not bable yet, they only are cooing, so i would like to know how can i help them or how can i tech the to start babling? is that normal that they do not bable at 8 months old? Thank you so much

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would start repeating all the sounds they make back at them. They will catch on soon enough.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Talk talk talk. They learn by watching and hearing you. So look directly at them and give them a chance to see your mouth moving and sound coming out. They will catch on. :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:02 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• My son is also 8 months and he doesnt do much of any babbling.... The only time he does it is to my one year old nephew... I wouldnt be to concerened about it
    mommy2b17MV

Answer by mommy2b17MV at 4:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I talk to my 8 month old son all the time and he still barely babbles. Sometimes he sits there and says "ada da da da dadda" but that's pretty much it. Every other sound he makes is either a yell, or this humming thing that he does. Oh and he blows lots of rasberries lol. I'm not concerned. He's hitting every other milestone perfectly so I figure maybe he'll just grow up to be a quiet kid lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• you also mentioned the adjusted age? were they early, i have read that premies will do things later for the first two years according to if they'd gone full term. so if the age they would be if theyd gone full term is 6 months not 8, then do what you would with a 6 month old? but really just talking to them, try to get them around other little ones who talk, that may get them to imitate the people closer to their age
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:11 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Buy Your Baby Can Read. My son started babbling and 3 and 1/2 months thanks to those DVDs. Even when they are not on he will sit there and have a conversation with you just like my cousin does who is almost three.

Not only does it hold their attention, but it teaches them too. Plus helps you get stuff done around the house!
    ours

Answer by ours at 4:13 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I did the talking and singing and played music to my son but he just wasn't much of a babbler ever. as much as I wanted to hear him -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2009